Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Getting serious about climate change


My last post had an embed video that was the second half of the video I have worked so hard on. That post was a mistake. But since Grandpa Smet provided such a serious comment, I decided to post the first half on purpose.

The reason this was so hard is because I am trying to suggest that the only serious route to a climate change solution is to put major resources into putting the Industrial Classes back to work building the new fire-free society. Since most of modern culture barely admits that the Industrial Classes are even a thing, I am sailing in uncharted waters. Fortunately, the evidence for my POV is substantial but it means I must bring clarity and reason to a subject that rarely is treated to either.

Anyway, enjoy this attempt. I am pretty happy with it but there is always room for improvement and the project is still loaded into Final Cut Pro so minor changes are very easy. This video is still unlisted but if you want to pass around the link to your friends, I approve.

I am visiting Tony in North Carolina. The drive down included a fuel pump failure in Xenia Ohio. They still have the sorts of mechanics I associate with Ohio but the Dayton area is still staggering from decades of Industrial job losses. Getting such people back to work seems like the most important task I have left.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Between last week Friday this week Monday and yesterday, I am Blown Away! And, as I commented to Tony earlier today about his Monday post, “I'm overwhelmed but determined (and inspired by you and him) to keep up.” I also told him (and worth emphasizing I think) “I only have 2 sons, 2 grandsons, and Things Like This left For Me to worry about. THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD FIGHT LEFT I KNOW OF FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TO WAKE UP AND START HAVING! SCREW THE BEGUILING MISCHIEF OF MONEY AND MONEY MAKING AS A WAY OF LIFE.

    As for the difference in the two videos: the one on Friday that is no longer there (which I trust we’ll see again in proper sequence) and the one I just looked at, it’s amazing how much better this Video is. The video clips, images, charts- graphs-words-and-titles (with maybe a little more time to ponder each one) are all mostly Hollywood Level Super Cool Stuff Well Done! (Love the little O balls twirling around the slightly bigger C ball as a Logo)

    As for constructive criticism:
    1) Way too much too fast for me... And I consider myself really tuned in to this stuff and wanting to know as much about it as I can.
    2) Need time to think... Chances to absorb... Time to chew each bite a little before swallowing it before the next bite comes.
    3) Maybe even a chance to sip a drink in between some of the bites?
    4) Synchronization of sound, image, and voice is mostly tuned in... but still way too fast for me.
    5) But, as fast as it went by (I had to click back to check this) it’s not a picture of James Hansen we see when you first mention him...
    6) And, sorry to say, to my ears, you sound like James Hansen (who is one of my heroes who I adore) and I wondered if maybe you had gotten him to do the narration?
    7) The only problem with James Hansen is how hard it is for him to be “normal.” He’s a pedantic genius only capable of talking and writing in a slow meticulous monotone that he’s totally correct everything he says... But he puts his audience asleep and he knows it. He’s trying to groom a granddaughter to take over the talking part.
    8) What does Tony sound like when he talks?

    But, really, you’re on the right track and I’m loving it! Thank you. Can’t you imagine a world in the future where money never gets out of control again the way it has for us in our barbaric past and present? I can...but everyone says I’m a dreamer. Which, meanwhile, time for me to go get my grandsons. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony as a reader can be heard at:

      https://real-economics.blogspot.com/2016/05/american-producer-class-hero-peter.html

      Yes, this effort still needs more breathing room. I will continue to work on it.

      And yes, I am not happy with my voice track. I intend to get a professional voice talent to fix that problem.

      Thank you!!

      Delete