Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yay! off to hang with Tony

At a show in Wisconsin.  So I won't be posting for a few days.  I'll return full of piss and vinegar--pretty sure that will happen.

Jumped a friend's car tonight.  It's kind of a Minnesota skill--I am pretty sure I jumped my first car at around 12.  Always extra fun at night.  But the moon was nearly full, it was 72°F (22° C) with a light breeze, and the dead car was in an otherwise empty but well-lit parking lot.  Trust me, I have performed this task in MUCH worse conditions like minus 25°F (-32 C) and a 25 mph (40 kph) wind in pitch-black darkness.  It's one of those incredibly simple tasks that is amazingly easy to do wrong and I am getting extra cautious in my old age.  If you get it wrong you can actually blow up the battery--happened to a friend and getting battery acid in your eyes is NOT cool!

Anyway, with a bit of fiddling the jumped worked and my friend got his car running.  He had started his day going to the Minnesota State Fair and was beyond exhausted.  Wasn't especially happy the jump didn't work on the first try and was really unhappy a 3.5 year-old battery had left him stranded.  Yes, modern cars beat up batteries but that's pretty young.

No comments:

Post a Comment