Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Well, that was fun...NOT

Last Friday night, I attended a small-town fish fry.  It was loud and mostly enjoyable.  But by Sunday dinner, it was clear that I had eaten something that did not agree with me.  As someone with a cast-iron stomach, I did not recognize the symptoms but I sure felt lousy and soon was forcefully expelling not only the remnants of the fish fry, but a damn good Easter Sunday dinner.

I was pretty lucky.  One of the women who attended the fish fry with us caught the same bug.  Only she got so sick she fell and her sister called an ambulance. Spent the night in the hospital being pumped full of fluids and being treated for nausea.  My home remedies worked probably just as well and I am certain they were much cheaper.

By last night, I was feeling pretty good so I decided to eat some solid food.  I might have a cast-iron stomach but now I sounded like one of those old steam radiators as my traumatized digestive system gurgled back to life.  Bad decision.  So for a second night, I didn't get much sleep.  But I'll be fine.

So if any of my readers have wondered if I had somehow gone "off my feed," it turns out this was literally true.  And it will take awhile to get my electrolytes back to normal and eating regular food.  But there are interesting stories to follow so I am not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment