- This is a Producer Class story. Farmers are the archetypical Producers and in a year when they broke all planting records, a whole bunch of them are not getting a crop. This is the primary story here.
- This is about climate change. Global warming is no longer a prediction—it is the new reality.
- The global response to this loss will test the limits of Producer cooperation. Their efforts will be assaulted and looted by the banksters. This catastrophe will test just how far we allow the banksters to intrude upon the real economy.
- I have primary sources for my material. I happen to like farmers and have an intense interest is how they do what they do. I am meeting more of them these days as well.
- This is historical. If the corn belt doesn't raise corn, this will mean a HUGE change in how this country is organized. Historically, civilizations have fallen over less provocation than losing a food source the importance of the USA Midwest.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
In these days of infinite psychobabble, I am sure I stand accused of "obsessing" over the corn belt drought. I probably am. But the reasons make a lot of sense to this blog.