Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keeping up my Producer creds

The banksters are not going to suddenly become more ethical, nor the economics department at the University of Chicago more sane, nor the political classes more uplifting.  Besides winter is coming and jobs that have smells involved must be done.  So please excuse my short break from my regular topics.

The "boss" has wanted the beige contractor-grade carpeting replaced ever since we moved to E-ville so yesterday I got to pull it up, along with the pad and tack strips.  This morning I feel like I have been run over by a truck.  There is some more minor prep work before the hardwood arrives on Monday but mostly things are ahead of schedule.

In my younger days, I did quite a bit of nice finish work, so this job is pretty straightforward.  Even so, there are others to please, existing floors to match, and easily-visible details to get right.  When it comes to the work of the Producers, it is ALWAYS harder than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment